8.22.2005

Had a flash of a thought to test disposition by the question below

When dealing with a machine and something goes wrong, I blame
a) the machine
b) myself
c) everyone around me

then realized it's not much of a conditional as we're darn near surrounded by the things. And not just ATMs and laptops, but the Roles we inhabit. This is all extremely obvious and I'm wasting time (money)

but this afternoon I bought a cheese sandwich from a robot and my little robot hand handed over robot dollars and in my robot trousers now sit robot coinage. I can't even remember if I ate the sandwich.

Did someone say spouts and avocado? What does poetry do here? Darnit to serious heck why does poetry always have everything to do what with it? As poetry precedes literacy, so too the cold claw of the machine?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home