10.23.2008

Good afternoon, and welcome back. This weather. This music. This news: yesterday I woke at 4am and drove in the fall darkness to Oakland to fly to Orange County. Except the flight was delayed 2 and half hours because of fog in Orange County and visibility. "Paul" gave Gate 31 periodic updates on visibility levels. We were at 800ft for awhile. We wanted to be at 2400ft. Eventually we got there. I had a bran muffin (wheat). The night before a lot of ancient age was consumed. And well whiskeys. And I think I finished your beer, Erika. I was trying to put myself down early. And to have fun at the reading of Stephanie Young and Bill Luoma. They threw down, by the way, those two. I have a feeling this theme will continue this weekend when Dodie Bellamy and Cedar Sigo read for Both Both. Stephanie, should we bring tequila? Can you bring the eye cream? This weather, this music. Yesterday, on that delayed plane, I read Dana Ward's poem On Feelings in Try! magazine. And my chest caved in. And that evening, after a long day of taking minutes for the Board, I read Brandon Brown's poem Columbus Day. It's like Midwinter Day. I'm still caving from it. Today? I've read nothing but email. I've worked. I've downloaded the Insert Press pdf. Did y'all hear that Bruce Springsteen is playing the Superbowl halftime show? Are you worried about global financial collapse? Does this post belong on someone's Facebook page?

4 Comments:

Blogger Joseph said...

No LA this weekend?

23 October, 2008  
Blogger Alli Warren said...

No LA this weekend, alas.
Y'all pour a little liquor out for those who cannot be there.

24 October, 2008  
Blogger fish fishtofferson said...

it belongs right here.

also, did both both and artifact schedule on the same nite?

24 October, 2008  
Blogger Alli Warren said...

They DID schedule on the same night, can you believe it? I blame John. Are you there, John Sakkis? It's me Margaret.

I realize now that in effusively composing, I forgot to register my trouble with this fact! How does one decide? Does it all come down to geography?

24 October, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home